Certificate in Cyber Security (CCS) is a 2 months full time training and certification program leading to employment opportunities in the information technology (IT)/cyber security function of various industries.
The certification would also help the students attain additional qualification to gain employment opportunities across various job roles and functions in national & international organizations and for overseas job opportunities.
The program has been developed through inputs from the industry and experts in the field.
The faculty comprises of experienced trainers available permanently at the centre and also subject matter experts as visiting faculty.
The teaching pedagogy includes theory, practical, case studies, visits etc to keep the learning experiential and collaborative.
The students of this course get opportunity to join the alumni network of CATS.
The underlying objective of CCS is to develop relevant knowledge, skills and attitude for job seekers and for professionals looking for career progression. The program aims to:
• Foster employable abilities, proficiencies and competences required to gain a successful career in cyber industry.
• Provide a national & internationally recognized certification
• Enable career advancement of existing cyber security professionals.
• Enable Individual to be a trained Network/Web Security System.
• Administrator/Manager/ Network Security System Engineer/Security • Auditor/Chief Information Security Officer/Computer Forensics Investigator, IT Security Administrator/Consultant/Manager/certified Ethical Hacker etc
The emphasis of the program is on learning:
1. Basic concepts of Computer and Information Security
2. Data Security- both offline and online
3. Network Security
4. Desktop and Server Security
5. Protection from Cyber Hacking Attacks
6. Cyber Forensics
7. Analysis of vulnerability in websites and operating systems
8. Personal professional skills
In addition the program would also focus on developing leadership skills & how to project self as a professional
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instructions is English. The course material is also in English. However, students may be supported individually, if required, in local language by the trainers so as not hamper the learning of the student.
ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION
Any assessment conducted at CATS is not with the intention of detaining any student. Following assessments & evaluations may be conducted during the program:
1. Pre-assessment of knowledge & skills
2. Continuous evaluations at regular intervals.
3. Mid-program evaluation
4. Evaluation of industry visit report
5. Final evaluation
The evaluations are based on online & oral assessments.
Final evaluation may be conducted by Security Sector Skill Council.
Attendance during evaluations will be mandatory for all students.
The program is interactive with emphasis on gaining knowledge & developing skills. Following are an integrated part of the program delivery:
• Audio visual training delivery aid
• Case studies
• Assimilation and Mock Tests
The certification shall be based on successful completion of the final assessment. Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security is aligned to National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) Level 6
ELIGIBILITY FOR CCS
A. For full time regular program:
1 Class XII pass and above with computer knowledge/engineering dropouts
2. Certificate Holders or its equivalent from a recognized college
B. For students looking for career progression:
1. Those already engaged in cyber security activities in any organization
2. Those wishing to add-on additional qualification with minimum 1 year work experience
C. For retiring Defence personnel looking for alternate careers:
1. Junior Commissioned Officers (Technically qualified)
2. Non Commissioned Ranks (Technically qualified)
At the time of admission, students are required to submit documents for admission:
• Self attested photocopy of graduation certificate & mark sheet
• Work experience certificate
• 2 photographs – passport size
• Address proof
• Self attested photocopy of Aadhaar card
At total fee for the program is 40000/- +GST onetime payment
The fee includes all expenses related to training & certification like training fee, consumable expenses, instructional material, books & workbooks, student support services and assessment fee of Security Sector Skill Council.
The fee can be paid by cash or Bank Cheque/Demand Draft favoring “Pragmatic Educational Society”. The first installment is to be paid at the time of admission.