Certificate in Information Security (CIS) is a 1 month full time regular training and certification program based on eligibility of the student, leading to employment opportunities in the information technology (IT)/cyber security function of various industries.
The program would lead to employment opportunities in the cyber security function of various industries & sectors.
It would also help the students attain additional qualification to gain employment opportunities across various job roles and functions in national & international organizations. The program has been developed through inputs from the industry and experts in the field.
The faculty comprises of experienced trainers available permanently at the centre and also subject matter experts as visiting faculty.
The teaching pedagogy includes theory, practical, case studies, study material etc to keep the learning experiential and collaborative.
The students of this course get the opportunity to join the alumni network of CATS.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES AND CURRICULAM
The underlying objective of Unarmed Security Guard course is to develop relevant knowledge, skills and attitude for job seekers and for existing security personnel.
The program aims to:
• Foster employable abilities, proficiencies and competences required to gain a successful career in cyber industry.
• Provide a national & internationally recognized certification
• Enable Individual to be a trained Information Security Analyst/certified Ethical Hacker
The emphasis of the program is on learning:
1. Basic concepts of Computer and Information Security
2. Data Security- both offline and online
3. Network Security
4. Desktop and Server Security
5. Protection from Cyber Hacking Attacks
6. Personal professional skills
In addition the program would also focus on developing leadership skills & how to project self as a professional
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instructions is English. The course material is also in English. However, students may be supported individually, if required, in local language by the trainers so as not hamper the learning of the student.
ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION
Any assessment conducted at CATS is not with the intention of detaining any student. Following assessments & evaluations may be conducted during the program:
1. Pre-assessment of knowledge & skills
2. Continuous evaluations at regular intervals.
3. Mid-program evaluation
4. Evaluation of industry visit report
5. Final evaluation
The evaluations are based on online & oral assessments.
Final evaluation may be conducted by Security Sector Skill Council.
Attendance during evaluations will be mandatory for all students.
The program is interactive with emphasis on gaining knowledge & developing skills. Following are an integrated part of the program delivery:
• Audio visual training delivery aid
• Case studies
• Assimilation and Mock Tests
The certification shall be based on successful completion of the final assessment.
Certificate in Information Security (CIS) is aligned to National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) Level 4
ELIGIBILITY FOR CIS
Class XII pass with computer knowledge
At the time of admission, students are required to submit documents for admission:
• Self attested photocopy of graduation certificate & mark sheet
• Work experience certificate
• 4 photographs – passport size
• Address proof
• Self attested photocopy of Aadhaar card
At total fee for the program is30000/-GST
The fee includes all expenses related to training & certification like training fee, consumable expenses, instructional material, books & workbooks, student support services and assessment fee of Security Sector Skill Council.
The fee will be paid in full either by cash or Bank Cheque/Demand Draft favoring “Pragmatic Educational Society” at the time of admission