Certificate in Security Management (CSM) is a 3 Month full time training and certification program leading to employment opportunities in the security function of various industries.
The certification would also help the students attain additional qualification to gain employment opportunities across various job roles and functions in national & international organizations and for overseas job opportunities.
The program has been developed through inputs from the industry and experts in the field.
The faculty comprises of experienced trainers available permanently at the centre and also subject matter experts as visiting faculty.
The teaching pedagogy includes theory, practical, case studies, role plays and internships to keep the learning experiential and collaborative.
The students of this course get the opportunity to network with leaders in the industry and to join the alumni network of CATS.
The underlying objective of DSM is to develop relevant knowledge, skills and attitude for job seekers and for professionals looking for career progression. The program aims to:
• Foster employable abilities, proficiencies and competences required to gain a successful career in industry.
• Provide a national & internationally recognized certification.
• Enable career advancement of existing security professionals.
The emphasis of the program is on learning:
1. Basic security practices
2. Legal requirements in security
3. Health & Safety
4. Supervision of a security operation
5. Understanding risks,threats and hazards
6. Design of security communication
7. Dealing with emergencies
8. Security procedures from organizational context
9. Security equipment & technology
In addition the program would also focus on how to project oneself as a professional.
PROGRAMME CURRICULUM OF DSM
CSM is a 3 month full time training and certification program. The centre would support the students to gain on job training internships in the industry. During classroom training, classes are held from Monday to Friday between 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs at CATS.
The program is interactive with emphasis on gaining knowledge & developing skills. Following are an integrated part of the program delivery:
• Audio Visual training delivery aid
• Group Discussions & Role Plays
• Case studies
• Guest Lectures & Industrial Visits
• Situation Reaction and Mock Tests
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTIONS
The medium of instructions is English. The course material is also printed in English.
However, students may also be supported individually, if required in local language by the trainers so as not to hamper the learning of any students.
ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION
The assessment & evaluations during the program are conducted with the aim to assess the learning and progress of all students and to individually support progress of students if required.
Any assessment conducted at CATS is not with the intention of detaining any student.
Following assessments & evaluations may be conducted during the program:
1. Pre assessment of knowledge & skills
2. Continuous evaluations at regular intervals.
3. Mid program evaluation
4. Evaluation of On Job Training internship report
5. Final evaluation
The evaluations are based on written & oral assessments. Attendance during evaluations will be mandatory for all students. Final evaluation may be conducted by Security Sector Skill Council.
The certification shall be based on successful completion of the final assessment.
Certificate in Security Management is aligned to National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) Level 5
ELIGIBILITY FOR CSM
For Certificate in Security Management
A. For students looking for employment opportunities:
1. Bachelor Degree in any discipline or its equivalent from a recognized university
2. Certificate Holders or its equivalent from a recognized college
3. Students in their final year of graduation
4. Students who have completed Grade XII with minimum 1 year work experience
B. For students looking for career progression:
1. Security supervisors in any organization
2. Security Guards with minimum 3 years work experience
C. For retiring Defense personnel looking for alternate careers:
1. Junior Commissioned Officers
2. Non Commissioned Ranks
At the time of admission, students are required to submit documents:
• Self attested photocopy of their mark sheet/ college degree
• Work experience certificate
• 4 photographs-passport size
• Address proof
• Self attested photocopy of Aadhaar card & bank account details(if available)
At present the fee for the program is Rs.20,000/-
The fee includes all expenses related to training & certification like training fee, laboratory fee, consumable expenses, instructional material, books & work books for students and assessment fee from Security Sector Skill Council.
The fee in full needs to be deposited at the time of admissions through a Bank Payee order/Demand Draft favouring “Pragmatic Educational Society a/c CATS”
The following students are being offered a support of Rs. 3000/- in the fee by CATS:
• All women students
• Students belonging to BPL families (Below Poverty Line). Such students need to deposit a copy of their BPL card at the time of admission.
• Students in the final year of graduation
• Students who have secured more than 60% marks in their graduation or 70% marks in Grade XII.
CATS would also support the students by extending education loan, if required through its affiliated banks.
As and when necessary, the centre may revise the fee and /or extend additional support to students for fee payment. Students are required to check details at the time of admission.