Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security Management (PGDCS) is 8 months training and certification program conducted both as a full time regular program and also a part time contact program, based on eligibility of the student, leading to employment opportunities in the information technology (IT)/cyber security function of various industries.
The program would lead to employment opportunities in the cyber security function of various industries & sectors. It would also help the students attain additional qualification to gain employment opportunities across various job roles and functions in national & international organizations.
The program has been developed through inputs from the industry and experts in the field.
The faculty comprises of experienced trainers available permanently at the centre and also subject matter experts as visiting faculty.
The teaching pedagogy includes theory, practical, case studies, visits, study material, projects, internship etc to keep the learning experiential and collaborative.
The students of this course get the opportunity to network with leaders in the industry and to join the alumni network of CATS.
The PG Diploma in Cyber Security is a job-oriented course and is most suitable for those interested in working in the field of cyber security.
There exists a great demand for cyber security professionals. CATS offers job placement assistance through its network of leading organizations.
The underlying objective of PGDCS is to develop relevant knowledge, skills and attitude for job seekers and for professionals looking for career progression. The program aims to:
• Foster employable abilities, proficiencies and competences required to gain a successful career in cyber industry.
• Provide a national & internationally recognized certification.
• Enable career advancement of existing cyber security professionals.
• Enable Individual to be a trained Network/Web Security System
• Administrator/Manager/ Network Security System Engineer/Security
• Auditor/Chief Information Security Officer/Computer Forensics Investigator, IT Security Administrator/Consultant/Manager/certified Ethical Hacker etc
The emphasis of the program is on learning:
1. Basic concepts of Computer and Information Security
2. Data Security
3. Network Security
4. Desktop and Server Security
5. Protection from Cyber Hacking Attacks
6. Legal aspects of Cyber Security
7. Information Security Management
8. Mobile Forensics
9. Cyber Forensics
10 Vulnerability analysis in websites and operating systems
12. Intrusion detection system in networks
13. Network Installation
14. Management of cyber security operations
15. Personal professional skills
In addition the program would also focus on developing leadership skills & how to project self as a professional
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instructions is English. The course material is also in English. However, students may be supported individually, if required, in local language by the trainers so as not hamper the learning of the student.
ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION
Any assessment conducted at CATS is not with the intention of detaining any student. Following assessments & evaluations may be conducted during the program:
1. Pre-assessment of knowledge & skills
2. Continuous evaluations at regular intervals.
3. Mid-program evaluation
4. Evaluation of industry visit report
5. Final evaluation
The evaluations are based on online & oral assessments.
Final evaluation may be conducted by Security Sector Skill Council.
Attendance during evaluations will be mandatory for all students.
The program is interactive with emphasis on gaining knowledge & developing skills. Following are an integrated part of the program delivery:
• Audio visual training delivery aid
• Case studies
• Real world vulnerability analysis
• Assimilation and Mock Tests
• Guest Lectures & Industrial Visits
• Project work with Police Cyber Security Dome
The certification shall be based on successful completion of the final assessment. Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security is aligned to National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) Level 6
ELIGIBILITY FOR PGDCS
A. For full time regular program:
Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized university.
B. For part time contact program:
1. Working professional in any industry with minimum qualification of graduation and work experience of 1 year, looking for career progression
2. Engineering & Management students in their final year
3. Cyber security employees in any organization looking for certification and career progression having minimum 2 years work experience
4. Certificate in Cyber Security with minimum 1 years work experience
5. Retired defence personnel looking for alternate career opportunity
At the time of admission, students are required to submit documents for admission:
• Self attested photocopy of graduation certificate & mark sheet
• Work experience certificate
• 2 photographs – passport size
• Address proof
• Self attested photocopy of Aadhaar card
Total fee for the program is Rs. Rs.90000/-
The fee includes all expenses related to training & certification like training fee, consumable expenses, instructional material, books & workbooks, student support services and assessment fee of Security Sector Skill Council.
The fee can be paid in 3 installments of Rs.40,000/- 30,000/ 30,000/- ; either by cash or Bank Cheque/Demand Draft favoring “Pragmatic Educational Society” The first installment is to be paid at the time of admission