Post Graduate Diploma in Security Management (PGDSM) is a 6 month training and certification program conducted both as a full time regular program and also a part time contact program, based on eligibility of the student.
The certification would lead to employment opportunities in the security function of various industries & sectors.
The program would also help the students attain additional qualification to gain employment opportunities across various job roles and functions in national & international organizations.
The program has been developed through inputs from the industry and experts in the field.
The faculty comprises of experienced trainers available permanently at the centre and also subject matter experts as visiting faculty.
The teaching pedagogy includes theory, practical, case studies, role plays, study material, internship etc to keep the learning experiential and collaborative.
The students of this course get the opportunity to network with leaders in the industry and to join the alumni network of CATS.
The underlying objective of PGDSM is to develop relevant knowledge, skills and attitude for job seekers and for professionals looking for career progression. The program aims to:
• Foster employable abilities, proficiencies and competences required to gain a successful career in industry.
• Provide a national & internationally recognized certification.
• Enable career advancement of existing security professionals.
The emphasis of the program is on learning:
1. Management of a security operation including technology & equipments in use
2. Training & assessing security personnel
3. Security planning & design including drafting of security policies, establishing procedures & optimal administration of resources
4. Risks, threats & domain specific needs across commercial & industrial establishments like corporate offices, plants, factories, airports, hotels, hospitals, retail malls, sea ports, tourist destinations, residential areas etc
5. Security procedures & protocols
6. Design of security communication
7. Implementation of legal requirements in security
8. Management skills to handle people
9. Personal professional skills
In addition the program would also focus on developing leadership skills & how to project self as a professional
PROGRAMME CURRICULUM OF PGDSM
PGDSM is a 6 Month full time regular or part time contact training and certification program based on eligibility of student. The regular program is equally divided into 3 months classroom training and 3 months on the job training/internship .
The centre would support the students to gain on job training/internships in the industry.
During regular program classes are held from Monday to Friday between 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs at CATS. The classes for part time programs are conducted on Saturdays and Sundays at CATS.
The program is interactive with emphasis on gaining knowledge & developing skills. Following are an integrated part of the program delivery:
• Audio Visual training delivery aid
• Group Discussions & Role Plays
• Case studies
• Guest Lectures & Industrial Visits
• Situation Reaction and Mock Tests
The certification shall be based on successful completion of the final assessment. Post Graduate Diploma in Security Management is aligned to National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) Level 6
ELIGIBILITY FOR PGDSM
A. For full time regular program:
Bachelor Degree in any discipline or its equivalent from a recognized university.
B. For part time contact program:
1. Working professional in any industry with minimum qualification of graduation and work experience of 1 year, looking for career progression
2. Engineering & Management students in their final year
3. Security supervisors in any organization looking for certification and career progression having minimum 2 years work experience
4. Certificate in Security Management with minimum 1 years work experience
5. Retired defense personnel - Commissioned Officers or Short Services Commission Officers, looking for alternate career opportunity
At the time of admission, students are required to submit:
• Self attested photocopy of their mark sheet/ college degree
• Work experience certificate
• 4 photographs – passport size
• Address proof
• Self attested photocopy of Aadhaar card & bank accounts details (if available)
The fee can be paid in two installments of Rs.20,000/-and 15,000/- ; either by cash or Bank Cheque/Demand Draft favoring “Pragmatic Educational Society” The first installment is to be paid at the time of admission.