Unarmed Security Guard (USG) is a 1 month training and certification program conducted both as a full time regular program as also a part time contact program, based on eligibility of the student.
The training and certification is as per PSAR Act 2005, that would lead to employment opportunities in the security function of various industries & sectors.
The program would also help the students attain additional qualification to gain employment opportunities across various job roles and function in national and international organizations.
CATS has devised five new USG courses with the aim of widening the scope of employability of youth in the security industry.
• Security Supervisor cum Front Office Executive
• Security Supervisor cum Customer Relation Assistant
• Security Supervisor cum Fire Hazard Controller
• Security Supervisor cum ATM/ CDM Supervisor
• Security Supervisor cum Disaster Management Controller
The students of this course get the opportunity to network with leaders in the industry and to join the alumni network of CATS.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES AND CURRICULAM
The underlying objective of Unarmed Security Guard course is to develop relevant knowledge, skills and attitude for job seekers and for existing security personnel.
The program aims to:
• Foster employable abilities, proficiencies and competences required to gain a successful career in industry.
• Provide a national & internationally recognized certification.
• Enable career advancement of existing security professionals.
• Wider scope of employability and acceptability in the current environment
The emphasis of the program is on learning:
1. Basics of Security
2. Understanding basic Security operations
3. Legal provisions in Security
4. Security of people, property and premises and access control.
5. Handling and usage of Security equipment
6. Basic concepts of firefighting
7. First aid and Emergency
8. Security in Industrial and Commercial domain
9. Soft skills
10. Basic computer skills, communication skill.
11. Customer data collection.
12. ATM/CDM technology, operation, prevention of malpractices, safety and reporting malfunctions.
13. Natural and man-made disasters
14. Crowd control/management and reporting
Unarmed Security Guard course is a 1 month full time regular or part time contact training and certification program based on eligibility of student.
The regular program is equally divided into 15 days classroom Training and 15 days on job training/internship.The centre would support the students to gain on job training/internships in the industry.
During regular program classes are held from Monday to Friday between 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs at CATS. The classes for part time programs are conducted on Saturdays and Sundays at CATS.
The program is interactive with emphasis on gaining knowledge & developing skills. Following are an integrated part of the program delivery:
• Audio Visual training delivery aid
• Group Discussions & Role Plays
• Case studies
• Guest Lectures & Industrial Visits
• Situation Reaction and Mock Tests
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTIONS
The medium of instructions is English. The course material is also printed in English.
However, students may also be supported individually, if required in local language by the trainers so as not to hamper the learning of any students.
The certification shall be based on successful completion of the final assessment.
Unarmed Security Guard Certificate is aligned to Private Security Agencies Regulation Act 2005 and National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) Level 4
ELIGIBILITY FOR USGC
A. For full time regular program:
1. Class X pass
2. Height 5’7” or More
B. For part time contact program:
1. Existing Security Guards already employed with Security Agencies and organizations
At the time of admission, students are required to submit documents of admission:
• Self attested photocopy of their mark sheet/ college degree
• Work experience certificate
• Address proof
• Self attested photocopy of Aadhaar card & bank account details(if available)
The total fee for the program is 7500/-
The fee will be paid in full either by cash or Bank Cheque/Demand Draft favouring “Pragmatic Educational Society
The fee includes all expenses related to training & certification like training fee, laboratory fee, consumable expenses, instructional material, books & work books for students and assessment fee from Security Sector Skill Council.
The fee in full needs to be deposited at the time of admissions through a Bank Payee order/Demand Draft favouring “Pragmatic Educational Society a/c CATS”
The following students are being offered a support of Rs. 1000/- in the fee by CATS:
• All women students
• Students belonging to BPL families (Below Poverty Line). Such students need to deposit a copy of their BPL card at the time of admission.
• Students in the final year of graduation
• Students who have secured more than 60% marks in their graduation or 70% marks in Grade XII.
CATS would also support the students by extending education loan, if required through its affiliated banks.
As and when necessary, the centre may revise the fee and /or extend additional support to students for fee payment. Students are required to check details at the time of admission.
The fee once submitted shall be non refundable.